While WAEC marking is not an employment opportunity, and cannot even be quoted in the CV as a viable working experience but facilitates your chances of been employed by good schools, the advantages of coordination and marking is stated below:
- It puts some coins in the pocket. In about five (5)days of using your leisure to mark, you are guaranteed at least N15,000 which has been reviewed upwardly Can serve some purposes;
The informative content of the coordination is helpful for teachers. Helps you know the best way to prepare students for the examination. It also enriches the teacher’s research and lesson notes;
Please, invited or not, if you live near the state capital, check the marking venues used for coordination. Gate-crash (if not invited) and you may be fortunate to get a pack.
LIST OF ALL MARKING VENUES IN NIGERIA
- Aba marking venue, Girls Secondary School, Abayi-Aba
- Abakaliki marking venue, Holy Ghost Secondary School, Abakaliki
- Abeokuta 1 marking venue, Rev. Kuti Memmorial Grammar School, Abeokuta
- Abeokuta 2 marking venue, Abeokuta Girls Grammar School, Onikolobo, Abeokuta
- Abuja marking venue, Government Secondary School, Wuse 3
- Ado-Ekiti 1 marking venue, Christ Girls’ School, Ado-Ekiti
- Ado-Ekiti 2 marking venue, Mary Immaculate Girls Grammar School, Ado-Ekiti
- Agbor marking venue, Ogbemudein Mixed Secondary School, Agbor
- Akure 1 marking venue, Acquinas College, Akure
- Akure 2 marking venue, Fiwasaye Girls’ Grammar School, Akure
- Asaba marking venue, Anglican Girls Grammar School, Asaba
- Auchi marking venue, Our Lady of Fatima College, Auchi
- Awka marking venue, Igwebike Grammar School, Awka
- Bauchi marking venue, General Hassan UsmanKatsina College, Bauchi
- Benin 1 marking venue, Idia College, Benin-City
- Benin 2 marking venue, Western Boys High School, Benin-City
- Birnin Kebbi marking venue, Nagari College Birnin Kebbi
- Calabar marking venue, Hope Waddell Training Institution, Calabar
- Dutse marking venue, Government Commercial School, Dutse
- Enugu 1 marking venue, Urban Anglican Girls School, Ogui New Layout, Enugu
- Enugu 2 marking venue, Federal Govt. College Enugu.
- Gombe marking venue, Education Resource Centre, Gombe
- Gusau marking venue, Sambo Secondary School, Gusau
- Gwagwalada marking venue, Government Secondary School, Gwagwalada
- The Polytechnic Ibadan, CBT Centre. Ibadan.
- Ibadan 1 marking venue, Loyola College, Old Ife Rd., Ibadan
- Ibadan 2 marking venue, Anwar-Ul Grammar School, Eleyele Ibadan
- Ibadan 3 marking venue, St Patrick’s Grammar School, Bashorun Ibadan
- Ijebu-Ode marking venue, Ijebu-Ode Grammar School, Ijebu-Ode
- Ikare-Akoko marking venue, Victory College, Ikare-Akoko
- Ikorodu marking venue, Government. Senior College, Ikorodu
- Ikot-Ekpene marking venue, State College, Ikot-Ekpene
- Ilaro marking venue, Yewa College, Ilaro
- Ile-Ife marking venue, Oduduwa College, Ile-Ife
- Ilesa marking venue, Ilesa Grammar School, Ilesa
- Ilorin 1 marking venue, St. Anthony Secondary School, Ilorin
- Ilorin 2 marking venue, Sheikh Abdulkadir College, Ilorin
- Jalingo marking venue, Magami Government Day Secondary School, Jalingo
- Jos marking venue, St. Murumba College, Jos
- Kabba marking venue, St. Monica College, Kabba
- Kaduna marking venue 1, Sardauna Memorial College (SMC) Kaduna
- Kaduna marking venue 2, Queen Amina College, Kaduna
- Kafanchan marking venue, Government College, Kagoro
- Kano marking venue 1, Rumfa College, Kano
- Kano marking venue 2, Government Secondary School, Tarauni, Kano
- Katsina marking venue, Government Day Secondary School KofarYandaka, Katisna
- Lafia marking venue, Government Science School, Lafia
- WAEC International office, Agidingbi, Lagos
- Lagos (Agege 1) marking venue,Government Senior College, Agege
- Lagos (Agege 2) marking venue, Saka Tinubu Memorial High School, Orile-Agege
- Lagos (Igando) marking venue, Igando Community Junior High School, Igando
- Lagos (Ijanikin) marking venue, Nigerian Navy Secondary School, Ojo-Ijanikin
- Lagos (Ilupeju) marking venue, Ilupeju Senior Secondary School, Ilupeju
- Lagos (Obanikoro) marking venue, Baptist Academy, Obanikoro
- Lagos (Surulere) marking venue, A.U.D. Grammar School, Surulere
- Lokoja marking venue, Bishop Delisle College, Lokoja
- Makurdi marking venue, Mount St. Gabriel Secondary School, Makurdi
- Mbaise marking venue, Mbaise Secondary School, Aboh Mbaise
- Minna marking venue, Ahmadu Bahago Secondary School, Bosso Road, Minna
- Nnewi marking venue, Maria Regina Model Comprehensive College, Nnewi
- Nsukka 1 marking venue, Nsukka High School, Nsukka
- Nsukka 2 marking venue, Govt Technical College (G.T.C), Nsukka.
- Offa marking venue, Offa Grammar School, Offa
- Ogbomoso marking venue, Ogbomoso High Sch., Ogbomoso
- Okene marking venue, Ebira Community Secondary School, Okene
- Okigwe marking venue, Federal Government College, Okigwe
- Okitipupa marking venue, Stella Maris College, Okitipupa
- Ondo marking venue, St. Joseph’s College, Ondo
- Onitsha 1 marking venue, Dennis Memorial Grammar School, Onitsha
- Onitsha 2 marking venue, Christ the King College, Onitsha.
- Orlu marking venue,Township Comprehensive Secondary Amaifeke,Orlu.
- Osogbo 1 marking venue, Osogbo Grammar Sch., Osogbo
- Osogbo 2 marking venue, Unity High School, Osogbo
- Ota marking venue, Iganmode Grammar School, Ota
- Otukpo marking venue, St. Francis College, Otukpo
- Owerri 1 marking venue, Government Secondary School, Owerri
- Owerri 2 marking venue, Emmanuel College, Owerri
- Oyo marking venue, Olivet Bapt. High School, Oyo
- Pankshin marking venue, Government College, Pankshin.
- Port-Harcourt marking venue, Federal Government College, Rumuokoro
- Sagamu marking venue, Remo Secondary School, Sagamu
- Sapele marking venue, Chude Girls’ (Model) Secondary School, Sapele
- Sokoto marking venue, Federal Government College, Sokoto
- Ughelli marking venue, Anglican Girls Grammar School, Ughelli
- Umuahia marking venue, Girls Secondary School, Umuahia
- Uyo marking venue 1, Community Compr. Secondary School, Four Towns, Uyo
- Uyo marking venue 2, Adiaha Obong Commercial Secondary School, Uyo
- Yenagoa marking venue, St. Jude’s Girls Secondary School, Yenagoa
- Yola marking venue, Adamawa State Poly., Yola
- Zaria marking venue 1, Demonstration Secondary School, Abu, Zaria
- Zaria marking venue 2, Barewa College, Zaria
Gatecrashers are welcomed nationwide.
WAEC coordination starts:
31st May, 2018 for Chief Examiners and Team leaders!
1st June, 2018 for Examiners and Asst. Examiners.
Coordination ends 3rd June, 2018
Gate crashers should go to the venue with their relevant certificates (both original and photocopies) and make sure attendances are taken for the 3 days.
Distribution of parcels begin on 5th June, 2018 to all existing examiners and the lucky gate crashers
A hint though from my experience as a gatecrasher, ATTENDANCE at coordination classes is NECESSARY for the 3 days. CONSISTENCY in the 3-day coordination meeting will secure you a chance.
Normally, parcels are issued to those who attend the coordination classes, but Chief and Team leaders can be funny, by keeping parcels for invited examiners who do not attend the 3 days coordination. So, “shine your eyes”.
Note that some marking venues “MAY” issue out parcels to examiners when they are done with the coordination for that day.
Documents for Examiners: They mark the scripts of students using a prepared marking guide Your First Degree/HND
Checkers: They cross check the marks awarded to the students and ensure they are properly totaled.
OND, NCE or SSCE.
To apply as a checker, visit the venue on the day of coordination, address your letter to THE HEAD OF MARKING VENUE, (then add the name of the town). Submit the letter to the Secretarial staff i.e the secretary of the marking venue.
Checkers are usually invited for a test, Simple arithmetic. 15 minutes to answer 15 questions and also sum up some figures on the rows and columns.
2.5 + 3and1/2
Sq.root of 144 etc.
Go to any marking center close to you with the required credentials and attend the coordination session ina subject close to what you studied in school.
No body helps anyone here, I marked during my service year, in fact they were begging me to pick more packs and I refused because of the short time frame.
It is worthy to note that they pay per subject multiplied by the number of scripts given to you
e.g I think they pay N15 per script for Maths.
If you are given 600 scripts that will be N15*600= N9,000.00. coupled with other allowances such as coordination fee, transport, feeding etc. Marking fee varies per subject, you will get to know one applicable to your subject at the marking venue, but the least is N8 per script.
That’s not the only incentive, as there are others like Lump sum, coordination fee etc that will sum up your pay around 12,000 – 15000 if you have about 320 scripts.
You take scripts home for marking and submit progressively to your Team Leader for vetting and then to your subject script officer for checking.
By progressively, I mean that you don’t wait till you finish marking the entire scripts issued to you before submission. As you mark, you submit by center/school basis. A parcel usually consists of 2, 3, 4 or 5 schools/centers.