10 THINGS TO CONSIDER BEFORE BUYING A USED CAR
Mostly, why people purchase used is because it is cheaper. You cant compare the cost of a brand new car to fairly used ones. Those having tight family budget like pay children school fees, pay house rent would rather opt-in for fairly used cars. Below are some tips to consider before buying used cars.
8/11/used-cars1521693284-1.jpg" width="594" height="396" srcset="https://i0.wp.com/www.campuslit.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/used-cars1521693284-1.jpg?w=594&ssl=1 594w, https://i0.wp.com/www.campuslit.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/used-cars1521693284-1.jpg?resize=300%2C200&ssl=1 300w" sizes="(max-width: 594px) 100vw, 594px" />
1. Cost range: Before you getting started, you have to check how much you are having and the type of car you need, maybe the cash you are having on you would be enough for the purchase of the car of your choice.
2.. Consider the Cars Best Suited for You. Your inner child may want a sharp looking sports car, but your family might need an SUV. The used car that you purchase has to be what best fits your lifestyle and your needs.
3. Maintenance. The cost of maintenance is also important, you cant empty your account to buy a car and at the end you wont be able to fuel or maintain the car. Vehicle maintenance is not about fueling, oil changing alone, checking how the engine works is very important, radiator, power staring, brake, head lamp and rear light are all in good condition.
4. Test Drive. Always test drive the vehicle you are considering to buy for satisfactory and it is also advisable to go with person you trust ( person that knows about cars like mechanic) Though, not all mechanic are trustworthy.
5. Availability of the spare parts. Availability of spare part is one of the most important reason. You cant just buy a car that you wont be able to get the parts easily.
6. Take a Look at Some of the Reviews. There are number of auto related websites that have reviews of various models, including used cars. It’s a little bit more consumer education to check these reviews but will be well worthwhile.
7. Do Not Hesitate To Negotiate. The sticker price doesn’t have to be the final cost. The used car dealer is willing to negotiate a little bit. Be certain that you understand there is just so good of a deal. You can’t get but do not hesitate to try to achieve it.
8.Ask for the vehicle’s VIN (Vehicle Identification Number). Before paying for a car you are considering to buy, make sure you check the VIN or ask for it if you don’t know how to check. This help alot, it let you know whether the vehicle has been involved in an accident or not.
9. Validate Ownership. This is particular true if you’re dealing with an individual and not dealership. Make sure that whoever is selling the car to you is in fact the real owner.
10. Complete the Transaction. This means more than just shaking hands across the table. You need to make sure that all the paperwork is in order and that any title information, warranties, or anything that relates to the purchase of the used car are there. It is understandable at this point in time you may a little bit fatigued and want to get things finished. Take your time.
compiled by Bright.